Sunday, October 19, 2008

150 Cards Later....Well, ok, 149

I did it.



I made 150 greeting cards. Minus one.



I started out making only one card, then got creative, and ended up making about 10 or so different designs. While I was making one kind, I would think of another and before long, was making the second, then the third, fourth, and so on. It was actually fun.





Throughout this endeavor I found that I am more creative under pressure. It's no surprise, because even during my daily 9-5, 40 hour week I am more productive when someone shoves something under my nose and tells me they need it yesterday. Gets the blood flowing, the adrenaline pumping. I'm no scientist, but I bet adrenaline is driving force in creativity- I'll have to look that up.

I got each and every card mailed off to the "little promo box" yesterday. They will get there just in time for all of those boxes I am sure are going to sell. I hope that my work sparks some interest and draws more buyers. If nothing more, at least I pulled a few good ideas out of my head.

Funny thing is, I still have a few ideas swirling around in my head and I can't wait for the next challenge.

Oh yea, the 150th card? It just didn't pass inspector 13 so I had to keep it.

No comments: