Sunday, November 1, 2009

Promo Boxes-Not so fast.

I have to say that I was so excited last year to do a promo box that is put out by a particular site that many etsy sellers have used in the past. I pumped out 150 hand made cards in two weeks so that I could get one card in as many boxes. I did four different styles (or five, I cannot remember) and mailed them off and got them to the promo box people in time to have my items in the October promo box. I was hoping to spark some interest for Christmas card sales for the year.

So, I get a convo from an etsy buyer who tells me she received one of my cards in the promo box she purchased and wanted to compliment me on my work, and since my card was in the December box and had already purchased her Christmas cards for the year, it was too late for her to order any for the holiday. I was shocked and pissed off all at the same time.

You see, my cards were supposed to be in the OCTOBER promo boxes, and somehow they didn't make it in until the DECEMBER box, which killed any chance for me to maybe garner a few sales for the holidays. I know, I know, it's a year since I've mentioned this happening, but I chalked it up as a learning experience NEVER to do promo boxes again. I counted on the people to use my cards in the month that I had submitted them, not two months later. Do what you say and say what you do, is my motto. Why email me and remind me constantly to get my promo items to you by the specified date then confirm receiving them in time only to HOLD THEM FOR TWO MONTHS AND PUT ME AT A DISADVANTAGE? I've gotten over it, I really have. I just will not ever put my items at the mercy of someone else who made money off me and not living up to their end of the bargain. Bad, bad, Karma.

No comments: